Halloween is creeping around the corner, ready to make its spooktacular entrance. Soon enough, trick-or-treaters will be knocking at your door! What better way to greet them than with this monster wreath? Break out the tinsel people, it’s time to make a monster! (Insert evil laugh here😱.)
DIY Monster Wreath
- Foam-core board
- X-ACTO knife
- 15-ft.-long tinsel – any color (ours is rainbow SKU#1006338)
- 2 Eyeball Ornaments
- 2 Pipe cleaners
- 12″ x 18″ White cardstock
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Black cardstock
- 3 Straws (we used coffee-stir straws)
- Draw a big oval on the foam core board with marker. Using a utility knife, cut out the oval.
- Wrap strands of tinsel around the oval, tucking one strand under the other. If you don’t want the strands to fall out, you can tape them down.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half. Tie the ornament hook into the pipe cleaner than wrap it around the tinsel so that it dangles from the inside top portion of the oval (See picture below). Repeat step for the second ornament.
- Cut out different sizes of triangles from the 12″ x 18″ white cardstock. You will need 6 triangles total.
- Cut all the straws in half and tape each straw to the back of the triangles. Leave 2 inches of the straw extending from the bottom of each triangle.
- Bend triangles like an accordion.
- Insert each tooth into the bottom inside portion of the wreath, make sure to stagger them. For more stability, you can glue the straws into the tinsel (If you do this, though, you won’t be able to re-purpose the tinsel for other projects).
- The last piece is the eyebrows! Cut out two rectangles from the black cardstock. They can be any size you’d like.
- Tape the eyebrows to the front part of the oval above the ornaments.
- Display the monster wreath on your door! We used our adjustable clear door hanger SKU#1194158 (call customer service 800-361-6736 to order or purchase in-store).
Our setup also features our shimmering lighted Happy Halloween sign! Comes with suction cups to put on any window or display it on a chair like we did.
The Day of the Dead
Another very popular holiday that begins October 31 is The Day of the Dead, more popularly known in Spanish as Día de Muertos! This Mexican holiday is widely celebrated throughout Mexico and also by many here in the United States. The Day of the Dead is a time to honor those that have passed and goes until November 2.
One of our very talented Bronner’s decorators took some of our favorite day of the dead ornaments and made a wreath just for us!
The wreath is wrapped in our classic white lights, with some colorful tucks and features a few of our day of the dead ornaments. Also on the door hangs our Skull LED Light Color Changing Set! The perfect addition to our custom wreath!
This colorful wreath will surely be a knockout on your door come October 31.
How are you celebrating October 31? Let us know in the comments below!