Whether you’re looking for something to throw together in a pinch or planning a menu well in advance for a big dinner, this side dish is sure to impress! With minimal ingredients and prep work, this delicious side stars real, whole-food ingredients that make it as nutritious as it is indulgent. Thus, we’re dubbing Dietrich Bronner’s Roasted Butternut Squash, Grapes & Sage recipe a bona fide “Thanksgiving Sidekick” and Flavorful Fav. Which, without a doubt, you’ll be “kicking” around all autumn long!
Roasted Butternut Squash, Grapes & Sage – A Flavorful Favorite!
The most unassuming ingredients combine into a flavor profile that seems too simple to taste so complex! And yet that’s just what you’ll get from 8 ingredients that combine to make your next flavorful fav:
- Butternut Squash – Roasted to caramelized perfection. Need we say more?
- Red Grapes – Roasting the grapes amps up their sweetness. Additionally, the red grapes add a striking (and appet-EYE-zing) contrast to the pretty palette of this comforting, autumnal recipe.
- Onion – Similar to butternut squash, roasting onions caramelizes them into a surprisingly sweet accompaniment.
- Sage – Boasts a pronounced flavor that is earthy and slightly peppery in taste with hints of mint, eucalyptus and lemon. Savory sage plays a supporting role, folding through this side dish with herby notes like a beautiful ribbon tying up a delectable package!
- Pine Nuts – Crown this creamy, caramelized goodness with a subtle and sweet crunch. The result? A texture as tantalizing as it is tasty to be sure!
- And lastly, but not least, Olive Oil, Butter, Salt & Pepper to bring everything together harmoniously.
Less Mess = Less Stress!
What’s more, this healthy recipe can be prepared and baked in the same dish. (Because who wants to spend more time in the kitchen than they have to during the holidays?!)
Less Mess = Less Stress!
Simply melt the butter in a microwave/oven safe dish before adding the rest of the ingredients and tossing to coat. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. How about that recipe?
Roasted Butternut Squash, Grapes & Sage Side Dish Recipe
This recipe is featured from the 2nd Edition of “Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites“.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Red Grapes & Sage
- 2¼ lb Butternut Squash peeled, seeded & cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1½ cups Red Grapes seedless
- 1 Onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Sage chiffonade; or 1 tsp. dried sage.
- 1½ tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts toasted
- Apple cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pear cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Combine the butternut squash, grapes, onion and sage (and any additional add-ins) in a large bowl.
- Then drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil and melted buttter.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and then spread the mixture out onto a large-rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until the squash and onions begin to brown, stirring occassionally for approximately 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with the roasted pine nuts and serve.
Roasted Butternut Squash Grapes And Sage Recipe Variations
Transform this dish from a stunning sidekick into a satisfying main by adding a grain, like quinoa. Quinoa is rich in protein and fiber, just to name a few of its many benefits!
Additionally, you can replace the butter in this recipe with more olive oil to make it vegan friendly.
As a result of this simple swap and add-in, this dish also becomes a delicious option for even those guests with food sensitivities like dairy and gluten intolerance.
At Our Table Holiday (And Every Day) Dishware
Serve up your favorite dish with a “side” of gratitude with this beautiful “At Our Table” platter from Bronner’s, that reads
At Our Table, WE BELIEVE …
in thanking God for our food and fellowship, in listening with our hearts to all, big and small, in sharing stories, laughter and love, in celebrating special moments with joy, in making memories that last forever.
Measuring approximately 14″ long x 10¼” wide x 1¼” tall, this elegant platter is as practical as it is decorative.
Our “At Our Table” platter is conveniently microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe.
You may also enjoy our complementing “At Our Table” Pie Plate.
More Flavors Of Fall!
Looking to build your menu? Browse more delicious Flavorful Favorites: