On the first day of October, my true love gave to me … Pumpkin Spice Everything!! So, we tweaked the lyrics a bit but still … ’tis the season for PUMPKIN! We’re jumping on the bandwagon of followers who are just smitten with the flavor of pumpkin as soon as September begins. We are ready to fall in love with pumpkin all over again with this Pumpkin Loaf Pie recipe – what about you?!
PUMPKIN LOAF PIE
Servings: 12-15 people
Time: 2 hours
– 1 c. flour
– 2 c. sugar, divided
– 1 stick butter
– 1 tsp. salt
– 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp. ginger
– 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
– 4 large eggs
– 1 (29 oz.) can pure pumpkin
– 2 (12 oz.) cans evaporated milk
1. Mix together flour, 1/2 cup of sugar and butter and put mixture in 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake uncovered for 10-12 minutes at 350°.
2. In a small bowl, mix remaining sugar (1 1/2cups), salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs; stir in pumpkin and spice mixture.
4. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and pour mixture onto crust.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 425°; reduce temperature to 350° and bake for an additional 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack and serve warm or cover and refrigerate.
If you enjoy pumpkin just as much as we do, then you will LOVE our pumpkin square recipe, just the right dessert for a cool fall day or for a special occasion.
Enjoyed this recipe? Then you need to check out our other favorite recipes right here on the blog OR purchase our Bronner’s cookbook to make some of our flavorful favorites right at your home.
What do you love most about fall? Is it the leaves changing or the smell of fresh cinnamon donuts at your local cider mill? Share with us in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!