We are flipping the script on taco night at your house with this layered Mexican lasagna recipe! Better yet, it can be made in a pinch! And, without a doubt, it’s the perfect way to celebrate Cinco De Mayo this week!
I’m a BIG fan of Mexican food! What’s more, I’m a ridiculously HUGE fan of quick and easy meals. Since I’m a full-time working Mom with a little toddler, simple meals like this are my bread and butter.
Simple flavors – Simple ingredients – Simple instructions. Who could ask for more?! Undoubtedly, I hope you’ll enjoy this Mexican lasagna recipe as much as I do!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, small to medium chopped
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 1 jar Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 small jar Salsa
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 1 pkg 8-inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 pkg Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 350°
- Brown ground beef with onion. Drain and add taco seasoning, green chilies, salsa and refried beans; put aside.
- Reserve 1 flour tortilla. Cut the remaining tortillas in half. (We cut ours in quarters to help cover the pan better.)
- Cover the bottom of a 9-inch baking dish with tortilla pieces. Spread some of the meat mixture on top of the tortilla, then add some cheddar cheese.
- Repeat tortillas, meat and cheese steps until all the meat mixture is gone.
- Cut the reserved tortilla into quarters and place them on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes to heat through and melt cheese.
- Serve with Sour cream, guacamole, tortilla chips, lettuce, tomato, peppers, extra salsa, hot sauce or green onions.
Want to add a little bit more heat to your Mexican lasagna? Add hot salsa, a pinch of cumin, and some fresh chopped cilantro into the meat mixture.
Additionally, you can switch out the plain rice for some homemade Mexican rice!