This week we are celebrating the 90th birthday of a very special woman! Can you guess who she is?
“Behind every successful man is a great woman.”
Humble as she is, we insist this sentiment to be true of our beloved originators, as we know Wally would. We are thrilled to honor Mrs. Irene Bronner on her 90th birthday!
In his own words from his autobiography Sharing JOY 365, Wally credits his beautiful bride:
“Irene mightily inspired, encouraged and supported me. … Irene’s support during this exciting time of progress [business foundations and growth in early marriage] was never failing. She was a dear wife and motivator in our home and in our business.”
All throughout his book Wally cites Irene’s dedication to all she did. From caring for his father or niece during times of loss, to her commitment to her faith. Her involvement in many activities, including nurturing their growing family. And not the least, supporting him as the business evolved with the Lord’s blessings. Irene radiates with such a warm and genuine spirit. She and Wally’s love for the Lord permeates everything they do … and EVERYONE they meet!
Together Wally and Irene have stewarded well what the Lord has given them. Many people may just see a Christmas store, but if you talk to Bronner’s team members or many guests who have been visiting for years, it is so much more …
Irene … 90th Birthday Wishes From Some Of Your Team
- “Irene has such grace, class, kindness … She lives her faith in everything she does. I love her to pieces and it has been a privilege to have known her all these years. Wally would not have been able to establish Bronner’s without Irene. She has been a devoted wife, mother, missionary and co-worker. God bless her with many more years.” – Jan Kribs
- “‘But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace’ (Psalms 37:11). How fitting is this verse for such a beautiful woman as Irene Bronner. Not only does her name mean peace but she makes her love for the Lord Jesus very apparent, and the humble kindness she shows to all is the greatest example of Christ’s love. Irene’s life is and has been a living prayer, and I have had the great privilege of working for this amazing lady. Happy Birthday, Irene!” – Cindy Ross
- “Happy 90th Birthday to one of the kindest, sweetest people on God’s green earth! Some of my fondest reflections of Irene center on my years working on the floor at the end of a busy fall day. A half hour before closing, Irene would announce, ‘The time is now 8:30 [5:00 on Sundays back in the day] and Bronner’s will be closing in 30 minutes.’ After a long and tiring day, it was like a voice from heaven for all of us! I am also very fond of the time you and Wally attended my high school graduation party after being in the Bavarian Festival parade that same day. Despite your incredibly busy schedule and the fact that I had been an employee for less than a year at that point, yours and Wally’s presence made a huge impression on me, my family and friends in attendance. It is one of the great memories I have from that year. To say my friends were green with envy is an understatement to say the least! Blessings and best wishes for many, many more years of good health and happiness!” – Craig Fick
- “One of my favorite parts of working at Bronner’s is that on the evenings when Irene closes, she always adds a personal touch to the closing announcement by thanking the customers and also thanking the staff for all that we do as well. If it is poor weather, she wishes us safe travels, and if it is a beautiful afternoon, she encourages us to enjoy it. It just gives you a warm feeling inside when you hear that. Thank you, Irene! May you have the happiest of birthdays.” – Stacy Tuck
- “Faith is the seed of inspiration. Happy birthday to someone who never ceases to inspire me and all those around you.” – Connie Rochow
Did You Know?
At 90 years young, Irene is still an adored presence in the Frankenmuth, Michigan store, working hard in Bronner’s reception department!
See her pictured here from her 89th birthday last year which was shared in our DIY tinsel decor post.
90th Birthday Wishes
Please feel free to share your own birthday message with our dear Irene Bronner in the comments below!