It’s summer and that means berry season is here! This recipe from Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites Cookbook (Volume 2) is a fresh, fruity favorite perfect for your next summer party or healthy mid-day snack.
We love simple, easy and delicious recipes. Don’t you? Well, this one is just that and we PROMISE we won’t judge if you keep this fruit salsa all to yourself! We really enjoyed the cinnamon tortilla chips. They were easy to make and they were soooo addicting! We couldn’t stop reaching over and having just ONE MORE!
Aren’t the colors in this salsa gorgeous? We added a mint leaf for a fun pop of color. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Let us know how you like it in the comments below.
Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
– 4 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
– 3 tbsp. butter
– 2 tbsp. sugar
– 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 335 degrees.
- Stack tortillas and cut into 8 triangles.
- Melt butter in microwave and place the cut up tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, spread butter onto triangles.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tortillas barely begin to crisp.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
– 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple packed in juice
– 1 red tart apple, such as Gala
– 1/2 ripe bananas
– 2 cups seasonal berries or diced kiwi (we used strawberries)
- Pour pineapple with its juice into a small mixing bowl.
- Dice up the apple with its peel, the banana and the berries.
- Add to the pineapple, mix well.
- Serve with cinnamon chips!
Looking for a little something sweet for your Christmas tree? Bronner’s fruit salsa ornaments bring a pop of color and the sweet memory of summer to your holiday celebration. The ornaments in picture below includes every fruit that was used in our fruit salsa recipe!
– Bronner’s Blog Team