I love that Easter comes in the spring! And being in the part of the world we are here at Bronner’s, I also appreciate how the holiday that celebrates Christ’s resurrection coincides with the same time of the year when nature resurrects from the wonder of winter. It’s a beautiful parallel to watch what was once dead spring forth in new life! This DIY Easter topiary decoration is so versatile that you can reincarnate it a few different ways to give it a longer life!
Spring & Easter Decorating Ideas
We had fun changing up this look for spring and Easter with just a few quick switches. And honestly, there is probably SO MUCH MORE you can do with it! To decorate, we chose a few Jim Shore collectibles with a palm-leaf-styled cross (1202264). A beautiful cream rose clip ornament (1095031) that is skillfully crafted by glass artisans in Poland . The display comes together with a “Until God opens the next door Praise Him in the hallway.” religious plaque (1201278) and battery-operated LED Invisilites (1158722).
Incorporating one of our personalized sparkle glass ornaments (1006) with a “Happy Easter” message makes a playful touch, too!
DIY EASTER TOPIARY
So I have a confession … I was in the wrong line when God was giving out the “green thumbs.” But if you have the gift of growth, you can easily modify this DIY Easter topiary decoration to work with your favorite vine plants – like ivy – in half the steps! I had to resort to using floral picks, but both variations will look incredibly beautiful!
What you’ll need:
– A live plant – or leafy floral picks (pieces pre-cut)
– Pliers (Wire cutters are helpful, too, if you’re using floral picks.)
– Floral foam blocks
– A bucket or flower pot (based on your style preference)
– A wire coat hanger
– Hot glue gun
– Chenille stems, also known as pipe cleaners – or floral wire/tape if using floral picks.
1. Fill the bucket or flower pot with floral foam … or dirt if you are using a real plant🌱
2. Using the pliers, straighten the hook of the hanger. This will be the part inserted into the floral foam or dirt.
3. Round out the hanger loop to create a rough circle.
4. Insert the straightened hook down into your floral foam (using hot glue to better secure it in place) or insert it into the dirt with your plant.
5. Affix floral picks using chenille stems or floral wire/tape (or longer vines from your plant), to cover the loop.
6. Fill the base with additional floral pick pieces.
7. Then decorate!
NOTE: You may wish to weigh the bottom down as floral picks and decorations can get a bit weighty and tip the topiary over.
DIY Easter Topiary Decoration Video Tutorial
Spring Decorating Ideas
Our spring display is sure to add a cheery touch to a tabletop, mantle or even your Easter buffet table! Speaking of Easter dinner, why not whip up our popular (and deceptively fancy but oh-so-easy) carrot-shaped cheese spread?! You can also catch some additional Easter tablescape inspo in our last “Hostess With The Mostess” post.
Products featured in this post:
- (1195112) Bunnies Double Jim Shore Figure
- (1195100) White Woodland Bunny Jim Shore Figure
- (1201137) Angel With Cross Jim Shore Figure
- (1202264) Cross Of Palms
- (1095031) Cream Rose Clip Glass Ornament
- (1158722) 18 Warm White Battery Operated LED Invisilites
- (1201278) Praise Him In the Hallway Religious Plaque
- (1006) Personalized White Sparkle Glass Ornament
- (1142923) Monarch Butterfly Glass Ornament
- (1191890) Monarch Butterfly Old World Christmas® Glass Ornament
- (1185334) Orange Burlap Butterfly Clip On
- (1196525) Monarch Butterfly Clip On
- (1201210) Tall Lit Butterfly Frosted Glass Vase
- (1201211) Small Lit Butterfly Frosted Glass Vase