Bacon and cheese – that is all! Okay, not really …
Do you ever get bored making the same dishes over and over? But you continue doing it because they’re delicious and you just don’t mess with delicious after all. Well, we think it’s time “delicious” turns to perfection! You’ll want to try our no-fuss take on two favorites!
Now they’re flavorful favorites, and both recipes are available in Bronner’s first edition cookbook!
The classic BLT! B obviously stands for Best-for-first, a.k.a. BACON! Lettuce, then tomato. Can’t be bothered with frying bacon or maybe even making a sandwich? Try this mouth-watering dip as a light weeknight dinner or an appetizer at your next gathering!
– 1 c. sour cream
– 1 c. mayonnaise
– 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled, or 1 (3-oz.) jar real bacon bits
– 3 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed & chopped
– crackers, veggie sticks or lettuce cups to serve
1. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon and tomatoes.
2. Refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 3 hours) to blend the flavors.
3. Serve in a bowl, hollowed out tomato or on a bed of lettuce; surround with crackers.
*submitted by Karen Hoffman
RECIPE VARIATION |
For a healthier variation known as the “BLAT,” try using mashed avocado in place of the sour cream and mayonnaise. (TIP: Use an immersion blender for a completely creamy consistency.)
HAM IT UP
Prefer ham over bacon? Love ham roll ups without the work of roll ups? “Is there such a thing?” you might ask. Why, yes! Yes, there is!
Try this cheesy mix-up on the traditional recipe, and yule be spreading the cheer this Christmas season … see what we did there? 😊
TOO LAZY TO MAKE HAM ROLL-UPS DIP*
– 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1/2-1 T. Hidden Valley Ranch Party Dip Mix (dry)
– 2-3 green onions, chopped
– 1 c. ham, chopped
– crackers to serve, optional
1. Combine cream cheese and Hidden Valley Ranch Party Dip Mix.
2. Add chopped green onions and ham, mix well
4. Serve in a bowl with crackers or spread on a flour tortilla.
*submitted by Diane Karst
CAST YOUR VOTE
So let us know below … which of these recipes are you most excited to try?