Is fall your favorite season of the year? (It’s mine!) So let’s brighten your home by decorating for fall with Department 56.
The good news is you can start small and expand as your space and budget allow. For example, you can use items you may already have at home for foundations and accent pieces.
Foundations & Accent Pieces
To begin with, I used a small rustic side table and vintage cheese box for foundations as I began decorating for fall with Department 56. In brief, Bronner’s facilities team built the rustic side table with a mix of new wood and wood from my family’s barn. What’s more, my daughter discovered the vintage cheese box recently while cleaning our basement.
The rug? Well, I borrowed that from our bedroom. Similarly, we grew the fresh pumpkins in our garden.
The resin pumpkins with fabric look are available in-store or by contacting customer service (800.361.6736 or email@example.com). Most notably, the large, resin, rust-colored, sweater-look pumpkin brings a glittery sparkle to the display.
In this case, the light brown filler grass gave the scene a muted, natural feel as I began decorating for fall with Department 56.
Decorating for Fall With Department 56 Pieces
To begin with, Patty’s Pumpkin Patch is new to Department 56 in 2020. The four-piece set includes the pumpkin patch stand, accessory piece with people and pumpkins, tree with colored leaves and a packet of individual colored leaves.
In addition, Animated Pumpkin Patch is new to Department 56 this year. An animated boy pushes a large pumpkin around the patch while an animated girl searches for the prize pumpkin.
Moreover, Halloween Water Tower adds height to the display and completes the setting.
DIY Toilet Paper Pumpkin Craft for Fall Decorating
On the whole, this easy and inexpensive craft makes festive fall pumpkins you can decorate with year after year. In fact, they look great in most any indoor fall display.
Materials for Pumpkin Craft
3 rolls of toilet paper
3 (18-inch to 20-inch squares) of fabric
silk fall leaves garland
tree branches cut into 3 to 4-inch lengths
Instructions for Pumpkin Craft
- First, select 3 fabrics. (Half a yard will make 2 pumpkins.) Cut them into 18-to-20-inch squares.
- Second, unroll each roll of toilet paper at least 10 times around. Roll it back up loosely. Undoubtedly, this will help to round your pumpkin.
3. Third, set each roll in the middle of the “wrong” side of a fabric square.
4. Fourth, starting at a corner of the fabric, bring it up to the center of the roll and tuck it in the tube. Repeat with every few inches of fabric and the corners until all the fabric edges are tucked in the tube. Certainly, this step is very forgiving; you can back up or start over as needed to get the desired look.
5. Last of all, tuck a section of branch in the center for the stem along with 2 to 3 leaves trimmed from the garland. Be sure to give yourself a couple of inches of stem on the leaves to stick in the center with the stem.
Do you get the munchies while crafting? Take the edge off your hunger with our S’more Brownies Recipe.
Use Your Crafted Pumpkins When Decorating for Fall With Department 56
Your completed toilet paper roll pumpkins make a great addition to your display. For example, you can use them in place of other pumpkins, resin or real.
Similarly, your fireplace mantel or the top of your bookcase longs to be decorated for fall. Let your DIY toilet paper roll pumpkins take the stage for fall along with other great product from Bronner’s!
I used clay pots with 2 1/2 -inch openings to set our bottle brush trees in. After all, the clay pots add color and interest to the display and additional height to the trees.
In the comments below, tell us what you have at home that will make a great foundation, prop or accessory as you are decorating for fall with Department 56.
Next project? This Thanksgiving Make Gratitude Ornaments!