Craft our Halloween wire pumpkin and let it highlight your Department 56 Pumpkintown display this fall! Without a doubt, Mickey and Minnie, Disney’s dynamic duo, know how to make the most of the celebrated orb!
DIY Halloween Wire Pumpkin
All things considered, our DIY wire pumpkin is a great way to feature a piece from Department 56’s Mickey’s Pumpkintown Village. In addition, the craft requires few supplies and is quick and easy to make.
Supplies for our Halloween Wire Pumpkin
- 5 yards of 16 gauge black wire
- wire cutters
- 8-inch flower pot or bowl
- 4-inch stem of artificial green leaves
- First of all, unwrap the rolled or looped black wire.
- Secondly, turn the flower pot or bowl upside down and wrap the wire round and round the lip of the pot or bowl where it meets the table until you have about 12 inches left. The wire ends should overlap about 4 inches.
- Thirdly, snip the leftover 12 inches of wire into two 3-inch lengths and one 6-inch length. Beginning midway between the overlapping wires, tightly wrap one 3-inch length around the wire loops to secure the top of the pumpkin. Directly across from the top, tightly wrap the other 3-inch length around the wire loops to secure the bottom of the pumpkin.
- Next, gently push the top and bottom of the pumpkin loops toward each other to begin shaping the pumpkin.
- Now, gently separate the loops until your pumpkin back is shaped and the front is open.
- Last of all, wrap the 6-inch wire around the body of the marker to shape the stem of your pumpkin. Attach one end of the wire stem to the top center of your wire pumpkin. Add a 4-inch green-leaf stem also to the top center of the pumpkin.
Furthermore, just think of the many ways our Halloween wire pumpkin can be used right through Thanksgiving! Craft our Halloween wire pumpkin and fill it with dried or silk florals for a simple, beautiful centerpiece or pumpkin cornucopia.
Disney© Mickey’s Halloween Village by Department 56
Moreover, Department 56 began introducing Mickey’s Halloween Village in 2021. In case you are interested in growing your display, you’ll find additional pieces available in-store at Bronner’s and online at bronners.com.
Find more Pumpkintown display ideas on our blog.
Without a doubt, you can continue the Pumpkintown vignettes throughout your home with our magnetic round easel. As a result, it provides you with unlimited display ideas for your home all year long! (Letters and magnets not included.)
All Things Pumpkin
Furthermore, if you love all things pumpkin, I think you’ll love the pumpkin loaf pie and pumpkin squares recipes on our blog. Indeed, you can find both recipes in our Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites staff cookbook.