If you’re looking for a chocolatey dessert to share with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, then you have come to the right place! Forget even scooping this dessert out of the bowl; just grab two forks, light a candle and BOOM . . . a perfect Valentine’s night has begun 😍.
Nothing beats a cake that is simple and easy to make. This Chocolate Punch Bowl Cake from Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites Cookbook is just that; PLUS it’s downright delicious. It’s a dish that can be made for a large party or can be sized down for a romantic evening at home for two.
CHOCOLATE PUNCH BOWL CAKE RECIPE
– 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus the ingredients on the box)
– 4 ½ cup milk
– 3 small packages instant chocolate pudding
– 6 Heath candy bars, crushed
– Cool Whip
Optional: Cherries or chocolate curls for topping
1. Mix cake according to package and bake in 2 round cake tins.
2. Cool cake and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. Make pudding according to package (this is where the 4½ cups of milk comes in); set aside.
4. Layer in punch bowl: half of the chocolate cake cubes, half of the pudding, half of the cool whip. Repeat layer one more time.
5. Top with crushed heath bars and serve!
The best part about a punch bowl cake is that you can really switch it up with different ingredients. If you aren’t a fan of chocolate cake, go for brownies or vanilla cake instead. Don’t like Heath bars? Add crushed Reese’s cups. Not a chocolate pudding fan? Do vanilla! It’s a versatile cake for a variety of taste buds.