Does the sound of Caramelized Chicken Mignons have your mouth watering? Then, by all means, you won’t be disappointed by this Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites! Given that I had no idea of what to expect from this recipe when Lori first suggested we add it to our bake day roster, I have to say I was nothing short of deliciously enraptured by these glorified chicken tenders … At first sight. And then, consequently, confirmed at first bite! It’s chicken tenders … for adults!
I’ll share moment of transparency … I, at times, can be a picky or an adventurous eater. And while they say you should never judge a book by its cover — I do, often times, judge a recipe by its ingredients. So I was a bit wary as Lori excitedly read off the recipe to me. (Mustard … maple syrup … sugar?!) And to ward off any doubts, Lori reminded me that “everything is better wrapped in bacon!”
Fast forward to a house smelling of pure deliciousness. This caramelized chicken mignons recipe even had my husband raving. And can I tell you that those 5 words are all you need to know that this recipe is, in fact, a “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner“?!
To lay a foundation for you, my husband is an honest man. He doesn’t rave about every dish I make. So, when he says something without my asking — and more than once — I know it’s GOOD! I lost track of how many times he mentioned it to me that night.
Secondly, let’s gush about how this Caramelized Chicken Mignon recipe balances the sweet with savory. The result? Glorified chicken tenders, wrapped in gloriously golden, caramelized bacon, full of umami flavor and protein-packed!
Caramelized Chicken Mignons
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Split Chicken Breasts* see notes
- 12 Slices Smoked Bacon thick sliced
- Freshley Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup French's Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 3 strips, each, for a total of 12 tenderloins.
- Next, tightly wrap one slice of bacon in spiral fashion around each strip, tucking the ends. Secure with toothpicks if needed.
- Sprinkle liberally with pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Meanwhile, preheat a large skillet on the stovetop. Add bacon wrapped chicken strips to the skillet, cooking until the the bacon is brown on all sides and the chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Combine mustard, sugar and syrup in a 2-cup measure. Microwave on high, stirring occassionally, about 1 minute or just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the chicken mignons in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Then pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in oven 20-25 minutes. Turn mignons in sauce once during baking. Alternatively, reserve half of the sauce to pour over mignons once flipped.
Make It A Full, Flavorful Favorite Meal!
With over 800 recipes, combined, Bronner’s Flavorful Favorites Cookbook Collection of staff’s tried-and-true recipes are sure to help you make it a full meal!
In particular, we recommend pairing caramelized chicken mignons with this perfect Parsley Potatoes recipe!
“I loved the parsley potatoes! I’ve never had anything like it before!” acclaimed one team member.
And certainly it seems this recipe is a departure from the ordinary into extraordinary. Of course, you could also choose a number of other Flavorful Favorite sides to make tonight a winner, winner chicken dinner!
Pair Caramelized Chicken Mignons With Some Of These Flavorful Favorite Sides:
- Baked Mac-N-Cheese — Continuing in a gloriously golden, caramelized theme.
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad — Tossed with bacon bits, which do make everything taste better. This side is a surprisingly delicious way to get in your greens, too! As is our …
- Avocado Orange Salad — A light salad with fresh avocado and bright citrus notes to round out your nutrient needs.
- Cheesy Potatoes — Comforting and silky with just a touch of tanginess.
- Irene Bronner’s Corn Casserole — Served with a side of corny jokes!
- Authentic Mexican Rice — Authentically deliciousness and bona-fide flavorful fav.
2 thoughts on “Caramelized Chicken Mignons”
This recipe is delish!
It really is, Mary!