Trivia buff? Love Christmas or history? No matter which, you’re in the right place! We’ve got a few fun facts about the World’s Largest CHRISTmas Store you may have been dying to know. Or never realized you wanted to know! In any case, here’s a fascinating sneak-peek at some Bronner’s trivia.😂
Bronner’s Trivia – Speed Round
Bronner’s Trivia In Pop Culture
We’ve enjoyed watching Bronner’s trivia pop up in some pretty cool places over the years!
Live With Kelly And Ryan
For instance, Sarah called in with “Travel Trivia” to try and “Stump The Hosts” on the Live with Kelly and Ryan show. So were they stumped? Check it out:
Greta Van Fleet
Undoubtedly, if you are familiar with Frankenmuth, you may have heard of an internationally renowned rock band called Greta Van Fleet. We were delighted to be a part of their “Two Truths & A Lie” feature for Apple music. So were we a truth or the lie? At any rate, you’ll have to watch to find out!
On January 6, 2004 , this”Jeopardy” trivia question appeared on the screen: “Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth, MI. has over 500 of these scenes, & one’s life-size”
Would you care to wager a guess? (Cue the “Jeopardy” music!)
If you said, “What are Nativity scenes?”, you are correct!
Wally Bronner’s private collection of world Nativities, more than 500 of them, are on display in Bronner’s program center! Likewise, Bronner’s store also features a vast selection of Nativities available for purchase.
In addition to the various tabletop Nativity scenes on display throughout the store, Bronner’s offers numerous life-size versions. Most notable is our exclusive fiberglass Nativity on display at both entrances.
More Fun Factoids & Trivia Tidbits
History of Bronner’s
- Wally Bronner, originator of BRONNER’S CHRISTmas WONDERLAND, marked 1945 as the start of his business career. Bronner’s is honored to be celebrating our 75th Anniversary in 2020!
- Before locating to our current location on June 8, 1977, Bronner’s grew to three store fronts on the north end of town! These buildings included the Main Salesroom/Original Store built by Wally’s father in 1954. The building now houses the offices of Star of the West Milling Company. Secondly, the Tannenbaum Shop opened in 1966 in a former bank building. It is now home to The Vinyl Record Bank shop. Thirdly, the Bavarian Corner opened in 1971 in Wally’s Aunt Hattie’s former grocery store. The building sits just beside the Frankenmuth Brewery and is owned today by Star of the West.
- Bronner’s motto, adopted in the 70s, is “Enjoy CHRISTmas, it’s HIS Birthday; Enjoy LIFE, it’s HIS Way.”
Building & Grounds
- Bronner’s is the world’s largest year-round Christmas store. Beautifully landscaped grounds cover 27 acres. The store itself takes up 2.2 acres (1.7 football fields). All in all, Bronner’s entire complex (shipping/ receiving/ stockrooms) sits on 7.35 acres (5.5 football fields).
- Bronner’s electrical bill averages $1,250 per day, even after switching over to energy-efficient LED lighting.
- Approximately 100,000 lights illuminate Bronner’s ½-mile long Christmas Lane every evening from dusk until midnight. Take a ride with us:
Merchandise & Displays
- Bronner’s team personalizes over 600,000 ornaments annually! Our artists use both hand-lettering and hand-painted techniques. Consequently, they are able to add special names and messages, resulting in unique “Gifts With Personal-ity™”. (Want to learn more about our personalized items? Check out Bronner’s Personalization Process & FAQs.)
- Each year Bronner’s guests purchase more than 2 million ornaments and over 125,000 light sets (approximately 485 miles of light cords).
- Traditionally, the weekend after Thanksgiving is Bronner’s busiest of the year with upwards of 50,000 guests!
- Over 25,000 children come annually to visit Santa Claus. He greets children at Bronner’s the day after Thanksgiving through December 24. #SantaIKnowHim!
Just For Fun Facts!
- In peak season, Bronner’s employs about 750 staff members.
- Movie star John Wayne ordered a Santa suit from Bronner’s by telephone on December 15, 1976. He is just one of many famous celebrities and diplomats who have taken the opportunity to experience Bronner’s throughout the years!
Loved these facts from Bronner’s? With this in mind, you may want to head on over to Bronners.com for even more!
Shake things up and separate the naughty from the nice with Bronner’s trivia on your next game night!