Father’s Day is right around the corner, and if you’re looking for a special gift that says, “Thanks, Dad, you’re the best,” then you have come to the right place! We have a DIY Father’s Day card for the person you call Dad in your life, and we have hand-selected some of our favorite Bronner’s pieces that will WOW your dad this Father’s Day.
DIY Father’s Day Card
We are very fortunate to have such talented staff at Bronner’s. One of our co-workers from web team, Carrie Sebold, is a master at making homemade cards. She designed and crafted this beautifully unique card that you see in the picture below. This card can also double as a gift card holder! Carrie has provided us with step-by-step instructions to make this crafty little piece. One size fits all!
Father’s Day Card Supplies:
- 1 sheet of plaid cardstock (or patterned paper of your choice)
- 1 sheet of colored cardstock (coordinate this color with patterned paper)
- 3 buttons
- Needle and thread (coordinate color of thread with card)
- Scotch® 3M permanent double-sided tape
- Clear adhesive dots
DIY Father’s Day Card Directions:
Finding manly plaid in my neck of the woods was a challenge, but thankfully I was about to get my hands on some! (WOO!) Alright, let’s get started.
- Take the solid colored cardstock and cut a 5½” x 8½” piece. Fold it in half to make an A2 sized-card (4¼” x 5½”). This will be the base of the card that everything will be attached to. Set the remaining solid-colored cardstock aside. It will be used to mat the pocket and the collar later.
- Cut a piece of the plaid/patterned cardstock out BUT smaller than the folded base cardstock. This will give the matting effect that we want. Just remember how much you do here will be done around the pocket and collar for consistency.
- Take the remaining plaid/patterned cardstock and cut out a collar and a pocket. (I wanted my pocket to have a point to it, so that is how I cut it.) Just REMEMBER if you want a gift card to fit in the pocket, make sure to make it big enough. This pocket is roughly 2 5/8″ tall x 2 5/8″ wide, and the collar is roughly 1 5/16″ tall x 3 5/16″ wide.
- Cut a piece of solid-colored cardstock to go under the pocket and another one to go under the collar. This, again, will give it that matting effect that we want. Try to do a similar amount around the pocket and collar as you did under the large card base in step 1. Now you should have the following pieces laid out in front of you. (See picture below).
15. Take the cardstock message (for inside of card), place double-sided tape on the back and adhere to the inside of the folded card.
Voilà, your masterpiece is finished!
A special gift from Bronner’s
Not the DIY kind of person? That’s okay! We have selected some of our favorite gifts to give Dad this Father’s Day from Bronner’s.
Father’s are sometimes men of few words … Bronner’s exclusive ornament sends a heartfelt message in the best way – short, simple and sweet!
Does your dad like to enjoy an ice cold beer from time to time? I know mine does! Not only do we carry beer ornaments, we also carry these unique lights that would be perfect in your dad’s man cave. Find all sorts of fun beer-themed gifts that are sure to have dad cheering!
Do you have a clever do-it-yourself gift that you are giving your dad? Or a special memory that you’d like to share? Tell us all about it in the comments below!
Happy Father’s Day!
– Bronner’s Blog Team
2 thoughts on “What’s Your Special Message for Dad This Father’s Day?”
I saw something similar on here earlier using stitched dies to make the stitching but to actually use real cotton makes it look more real and I’ve actually got some thin paper backed denim that would be ideal for this type of card
That denim paper sounds perfect Charles! Do you mind sharing where you found it for those who are looking for something similar?